The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Layers / Master Canvas Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a note, that although i hated them at first i have to say that shared layers are so much more efficient, and way better than the master canvas from 4.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil

I agree - during the beta I felt that layers were broken, but digging into them for a while and they definitely give me a better workflow and more flexibility

Morgan

While there is a lot I like about shared layers, I still miss master pages. I start every project with a document template that has a number of master pages. The document that I'm working on may use some of the master pages, but it may not use all of them, but at least the master pages are there if I need them. Shared layers don't work well for this scenario.

Wkolean, a workaround for this would be to add a new canvas, title it something like "Shared Layers" and put all of your shared layers there. Then you can create new shared layers in that canvas without being required to immediately place them in a "real" canvas.

-andrew