The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Maintaining orthogonality of lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am using OmniGraffle for drawing circuit diagrams. I have learned that one must place the components in their approximate locations and then connect them with lines. The problem is that the lines are either skewed (if I use straight lines) since the parts are not exactly positioned or there are unsightly "switch-backs" if I use the orthogonal line tool. I considered using the grid, but that is a little confining. Things would work fine if one could re-position the parts holding down the shift key to make all the lines horizontal or vertical. This works after a fashion - the line is nicely locked in orientation until the end intersects another line, at which time the lock is lost. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can do this?

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney