The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Embedding the same item in different rows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I notice that if I embed a file in an outline, and then copy it to another row in the same outline using option-drag, OOP makes a second copy of the embedded file. (So the outline package ends up with, say, both a picture called foo.jpg and a picture called 1__#$!@%!#__foo.jpg in it.) Is there a reason for doing it this way? It seems like a waste of disk space.

I ask, because I was thinking how nice it would be to put buttons inside of rows for running applescripts. I had the idea to embed an executable script in my outline file and insert tags for it wherever I wanted. But if OOP is going to make a new copy of the script for every tag, then that solution is too costly.

I thought of embedding the script once, and putting aliases to it in the other rows, but the aliases break if I move the outline file. Any suggestions?

thanks,
Jacob