The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search for recent tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry if I have missed a simple way to do this, but is there a way to bring up all tasks added within a given timeframe? I occasionally 'lose' tasks by accidentally flipping them into the wrong folder when assigning to a project, and selecting 'recent tasks' would be a big help

I search for recently added items by going to Context mode, bring up the view bar (cmd-shift-V or View->Show View Bar), and group and sort by date added. This will show the individual actions sorted by date added, and grouped that way also (makes it easier to narrow down the search, since there isn't a column you can turn on to show date added, forcing you to use the inspector). Be sure that you have set your sidebar and action selectors to be appropriate for the items you are searching for, which probably means all contexts and remaining actions, unless you need to search completed actions as well. If this is a frequent search need, save a perspective with these settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I search for recently added items by going to Context mode, bring up the view bar (cmd-shift-V or View->Show View Bar), and group and sort by date added.
Ah - good thoughts. I'll give it a go thanks :)