The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Home page search box Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On the OmniWeb default home page, I would like it if the search box automatically received the focus when you open the page. Then as soon as I open a new tab or a new window, I could start typing in the search box. Currently, I must click in the box with the mouse before I can start typing, which gets kind of annoying. See the google home page for an example of how I think it should work. Thanks!

We don't do this so as to not steal focus away from the location field (the default). Our intention here is to make it a little easier and quicker to use the location field.

On that note, you could set up search shortcuts and use them directly from the location field. For instance typing "google cats" would do a google search for cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
We don't do this so as to not steal focus away from the location field (the default).
Hm... fair enough. It's good to stick with standards. I use LaunchBar and I've been getting in the habit of using its Google search shortcut instead. The shortcut feature you mentioned sounds interesting too -- thanks for pointing it out. I've never used it.