The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnioutliner not locating search results in main text window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When i search a word in omnioutliner all the hits for the searched word are previewed in a small window under the search bar in blue highlight. Ideally, when they are double clicked, the main body of text is supposed to go to that exact spot and the word is supposed to appear in a highlighted blue bubble.

This usually doesnt work though. What usually happens is when i double click the word, only the row where that word is located expands, but it doesnt go to that exact spot in the text. I have to scroll down and hope i dont pass the word iam looking for, even though it is highlighted if i find it.

does anyone else have this problem, or know the solution?

It seems to work fine for me when I double-click the highlighted word in the search results. Why don't you send the file and a sample search string that exhibits the problem to Omni's support ninjas with the Help->Send Feedback command in OmniOutliner?