The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.6 UI change: intentional or not? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Big OmniFocus fan. The interface is the big selling point for me and while it was a little complex at first, I've come to really appreciate it. I've noticed a change in the most recent OF release (1.6). In prior versions, I believe the highlighted selection followed wherever the cursor was. Example:

In OF 1.6 I've noticed that the cursor does not cause the row of text beneath it to be highlighted. Example:

It was a nice, strong visual cue as to what context or project was being selected and while this functionality remains using keyboard navigation, it doesn't seem to work with the mouse.

I tried resetting the to defaults under "Style" in OF Prefernces but no dice. Any ideas?

I'm still using 1.5 and I just checked this out. Moving the cursor down the list does not cause the rows to highlight until you click on a row. Using the down arrow will highlight the row that you've moved down to, though.

Eric

similar to webalstrom, I'm seeing the same behavior in 1.5 and 1.6 - click-and-drag causes the highlight to change as you drag, but merely passing the mouse pointer above items doesn't highlight them.

This just in: I'm on drugs OR I'm really good at imagining things. Thanks for the replies.