The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Spoofing will not work for IE only site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The only site I am having trouble getting OW working on is our local Multi-Listing Service. It only works for IE. There should be a login/password in the center of the page, instead I see red letters that say "Use Internet Explorer when logging into PPMLS." If I can get this to work, I can cut the strings to Windows completely and there will be many happy MAC real estate agents in Colorado Springs.

http://www.pikespeakrsc.com/xbrowser.aspx

I'm able to get to the logon screen and to log in to the MLS, but not all of the options work, particularly, the "search" which is part of a scrolling menu.

Nancy, just so you get some sort of answer ...

I'm afraid I can only offer you sympathy but no solution, as I have the same problem here, but without even the grace of a splash screen saying use IE. The administration website of the university where I'm working is not only coded with IE specific html, but also requires you to run a .exe, I presume as a security check, when you ask to go to the page where you enter the students' marks. I have to get someone to do that routine stuff for me.

The one time I did try, trying out software, whose name I forget, that did allow me to run IE6 without Windows, my virus checker went mad, and I had 6 viruses on my computer in fewer seconds.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I am able to use VM Fusion with Windows and IE, so I'm not dead in the water. I would like to be Windows free.

That's fully understandable. I'm a Microsoft-free zone ... my only relationship to them being the number of friends and contacts I have who use MSN or have hotmail email addresses. I do have a copy of the official MSN client in a version some couple of years old, to use in emergencies, but I haven't done so since I first needed to get my MSN account running.

:-)

Mark