The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Links to Websites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Aha, you aren't doing it in a note field! cmd-' to edit the notes for a given action, that's where you can stuff a URL and have it turn into a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Aha, you aren't doing it in a note field! cmd-' to edit the notes for a given action, that's where you can stuff a URL and have it turn into a link.
Uh, oh.... that's NOT a note field?
What is it called, an action??

I guess I don't understand anything.
I tried typing "command -" in whatever field that is and totally ruined the Baseline on all of my fonts.
Now my page page looks like this! : (

Last edited by oloyd; 2008-09-26 at 09:03 PM..

The field you're referring to is called the title field, which contains the title of your action or action group. But I'm not sure how you've gotten it into that odd state. I can't reproduce it. Can you tell us exactly what you did?

To open the note field on an action, mouse-over the far right end of the row. You should see a little note icon with a paperclip on it like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	406
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	720

Click on the icon to show the note field beneath the action row. If you then type something in the note field, the note icon will remain visible (rather than only appearing on mouse-over), giving you a indicator of which actions have attached notes.

Here's how the note field looks on my system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	391
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	721

As whpalmer4 explained, the keyboard shortcut for opening the note field is Command-'. But you might find it easier to just click the little paperclip icon.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
The field you're referring to is called the title field, which contains the title of your action or action group. But I'm not sure how you've gotten it into that odd state. I can't reproduce it. Can you tell us exactly what you did?
Yes, I was typing "command -" into the title field expecting to access the note field somehow.
I just now discovered that typing "command -" makes the type smaller and "command +" makes the type larger.
So I fixed it. "Whew"!

>>To open the note field on an action, mouse-over the far right end of the row. You should see a little note icon with a paperclip on it like this:<<

Yes I finally got that to work as well. Thanks for your diligent coaching!

O

Last edited by Brian; 2008-10-07 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: added missing close quote tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oloyd View Post
I was typing "command -" into the title field expecting to access the note field somehow.
I just now discovered that typing "command -" makes the type smaller and "command +" makes the type larger.
Ah, that's where things got confused. The keyboard shorcut for editing notes is Command-apostrophe. It looks like you were trying Command-dash/minus, which reduces text size.

Also note that you don't have to type the key combo *in* any particular field. Just select the rows you want to display notes for and then hit the keyboard shortcut. Of course, you can continue to click on the little note and paperclip icon at the right end if each row as well.

-Dennis

Nice.
By the way, can you tell me how to set a due date and time for actions and projects?

O

You can set due dates either via the inspector or by turning on the Due Date column in the main view (from the View menu, choose Columns, then Due Date).

Wow, thanks a lot.
I love this program!

O