The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Workspaces in tab drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, everyone. :)

I would just like to know if there is any plan for making it possible to select Workspaces on the tab drawer. Thanks.

How do you mean? Ken mentions “Allow moving/dragging tabs from one workspace to another, deleting them, etc. (#13082)” as Number 8 on the feature-request-populartity list.

Not sure about you, by the way, but for me that would be huge. I so often, while browsing in workspace “A,” come across a site that belongs in workspace “B.” I want it out of my field of vision at that moment, but available in the proper context. Or, I realize that there is a smarter way of organizing my tabs by workspace ….

(And Spaces is great, but you can only have so many windows open before performance takes a huge hit.)

What I meant was a menu on the top of the tab drawer allowing the user to choose which workspace to use.

As for moving tabs from one workspace to another, maybe a right-click menu option to each tab could solve the problem.

> a menu on the top of the tab drawer

Is it just that you want them close at hand? Maybe a toolbar item would serve this purpose — that way, people who don’t use workspaces won’t have to see it if they don’t want to.

> As for moving tabs from one workspace to another

Yeah — having a way to quickly “file” a tab into another workspace would be cool.

Don’t forget to email the support ninjas to get your requests in the database!