The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus <-> Android Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, just got a new Android phone, and I'm thinking about the most straight forward way to sync certain OF contexts (@errands, @phone, @anywhere, etc.) to it.

I've accepted that it probably won't be an amazing two-way sync (I'll have to look at the phone for tasks completed on it and mark those in OF), which I'm fine with. Ideally, this method would not depend on constant web access with the phone (there are some dead spots in my town).

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for the best/quickest way to do this. Thanks for any ideas.

Is there a way to get iCal to-do items onto an Android phone? If so, you could use OF's iCal sync to push items to iCal and from there to the phone.

Curt

Thanks for the reply, Curt. I could go OF -> iCal -> gCal, but that's too much work for such a basic thing (and something I'll be doing often)

I looked at a bunch of Android applications, most aren't really up to par yet.

For now, the lo-fi method I'm using (if it helps anyone) is just to select all tasks in those contexts, copy them, and paste them into a text editor, saving them with the context name. Then I mount the phone and transfer them to a txt folder I've made. I can read them when I'm out with an Android app called AK Notepad, and mark them done in the app too.

More steps than I'd like, but that's how it'll be for now. I may move to putting them into Gmail Tasks, but not sure yet…

If you want more control over what items get synced into the .ics file, you could also use the ofexport command line tool to generate a .ics file then use hazel, dropbox, dropsync, and iCalSync2 to periodically update and sync this .ics to your android calendar.

I know that's a little bit convoluted. But it seems to work.