The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW5.5: google stocks module Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I use the Google stocks module on my personalized google home page. When I click one of the stocks to get additional news about that stock, the page gets reloaded. When I click the stock symbol a second time, then I get to the desired page. This could be a Webkit issue, but somehow I doubt it because I get normal behavior with the google gmail preview module on my home page.

P

It could also be an issue with your ad settings. Have you tried turning off ad blocking and seeing if that helps?

No, I haven't tried that yet, but I just noticed that this is a problem with all links on my personalized google home page. It happens in some other modules, too. Hmmmm....

At least, it's very inconsistent. It's like the other bug where you had to press Apple-O twice to open a file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
It could also be an issue with your ad settings. Have you tried turning off ad blocking and seeing if that helps?
Ok. I did just do that. I turned off all adblocking, restarted OW, and the problem was still there.

This could a general problem in the OW Webkit version when it comes to handling the Google homepage "widgets". I documented it here, too.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1547

They work normally in Safari.

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
I use the Google stocks module on my personalized google home page. When I click one of the stocks to get additional news about that stock, the page gets reloaded. When I click the stock symbol a second time, then I get to the desired page. This could be a Webkit issue, but somehow I doubt it because I get normal behavior with the google gmail preview module on my home page.
Ok. I solved the problem. I use the analytics widget in my google home page. This widget requires an https connection. This is what was causing problems with the stocks widget.

Sorry about the misinformation.

This is a Google bug, if a bug at all.

P