The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Singleton/project via keystrokes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to designate an entry as a singleton without going to the Inspector panel, perhaps by keystrokes? Is there any way to change a singleton to a project in the same manner? Thank you.

Since singletons live in special projects, you can change the project the item is in to your singleton project.

You can change a singleton action into a project by selecting it and pressing command-control left arrow (or command [) to "outdent" the item; you may have to press it a couple of times until it's far enough "out" to be a project.

[QUOTE=jasong;23090]Since singletons live in special projects, you can change the project the item is in to your singleton project.

Perhaps I dont quite understand the concept. Under projects, I have folders with projects, and single items (singletons/buckets). When I use the commands you indicated I get a message "Unable to move to this location. Cannot determine container from the specified location."
Here is what I am currently doing, for example, under folder: Social, I have small project icon with name, and each one contains various tasks associated with that project. Then I might have underneath a singleton bucket, with a name, indicating for example someone to telephone, or see.

e.g.
SOCIAL
(PROJECT) JOHN SMITH
- CHECK PHONE NUMBER
- LIST CONVERSATION TOPICS
- LIST MEETING DATES
- CALL,
(BUCKET) - CALL ANN JONES
(BUCKET) - CALL FRED
(PROJECT) DINNER PARTY
- MAKE MENU
- SHOP
ETC.

Is this an incorrect use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marygarden View Post
Is this an incorrect use?
I think it might be. I'm not sure, but I think you may have individual singleton actions recorded as singleton *buckets* which are actually intended to *contain* those actions. Should it look more like this?

SOCIAL
(PROJECT) JOHN SMITH
- CHECK PHONE NUMBER
- LIST CONVERSATION TOPICS
- LIST MEETING DATES
- CALL,
(BUCKET) SINGLETONS
- CALL ANN JONES
- CALL FRED
(PROJECT) DINNER PARTY
- MAKE MENU
- SHOP

Thank you. That really helped me and I think my organization has now improved drastically. I see I should have latched on to the concept as in the "show Inspector" panel the checkbox indications is: This is a list of single actions. And of course the keystrokes now function as they should! :-)