The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Recurring Tasks and Next Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi--

I tried OF a while back, then switched to iGTD for a while, and I'm back, mainly because OF for iPhone looks so unbelievably cool!

I'm having a problem with using recurring actions within a project. I have a project (call it "Meeting") with the following sequential actions:

-- prepare agenda
-- distribute agenda
-- write minutes
-- distribute minutes

The meeting happens every 2nd Wednesday, so I want to prepare and mail the agenda out every second Tuesday (recurring due date). So I just wrote the agenda, and was happy to click off my first official OF action. But when I did, OF changed the due date to 2 weeks from now (as expected), but it didn't make "distribute agenda" the next action. In fact, there is no identified next action in the project. So in my perspective that shows only next actions, there's no indication that there's anything to be doing on this project right now.

In planning mode, it looks like this (today is 7/8/08):

Action Context Start Due
Prepare agenda Computer 7/21/08 7/22/08
Distribute agenda email 7/8/08
Write up minutes email 7/10/08 7/8/08
Distribute minutes email 7/8/08

So, how do I get OF to recognize that due action is in fact the next action in the project? Why doesn't it cycle the latest-starting action to the bottom of the list?