The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to show time in the Due Date column? [A: can enable. see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have made the due column very wide so there is plenty of space to show the time as well as the day, but nothing extra appears.

Have I done something wrong, or is this just a lacking feature in the software?

You have to turn on the display. From the 1.7 release notes:

In addition to "Yesterday", "Today" and "Tomorrow" you can have date cells show the time. Since this feature is still experimental there isn't a preference interface for it yet, but here are some commands you can enter into Terminal to adjust the built-in settings:
Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterShowTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDefaultWantsTruncatedTime YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterUseRelativeDayNames YES
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDateFormatStyle medium

Nice. Thanks.

Beauty! Since I like to see my time in 24h format, I just substituted the second line with

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterDefaultWantsTruncatedTime NO

... works like a treat.

Hello. I have been using the above hint with the trial of Omnifocus. I finally bought Omnifocus from the Mac App Store and this hint no longer works. Any ideas on how I can re-enable it? The hint was so useful and I became so used to it.

Thanks.

I found out why it doesn't work.

The Apple Store uses com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore.plist instead of com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist and the options available in the MacAppStore version are limited.

However, I copied the four missing values and added them manually to the plist and after restarting Omnifocus, it showed up! Success. I am very happy now.

Whoops. I totally misunderstood the problem, throw! Sorry about that, and ignore this. :)

Last edited by derekr; 2011-01-11 at 03:20 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by throw82 View Post
I found out why it doesn't work.

The Apple Store uses com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore.plist instead of com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist and the options available in the MacAppStore version are limited.

However, I copied the four missing values and added them manually to the plist and after restarting Omnifocus, it showed up! Success. I am very happy now.
I purchased OmniFocus from the AppStore and entered all four values (including changing the time to 24h format), but I still can't see the time in the Due Date column. Any thoughts?

[iMac OS X 10.6.6]

EdnaMode,

if you didn't get it to work, contact the Omni support ninjas either via Help->Send Feedback in the app, or call 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152 between 10am and 5pm PDT.

Thank you - the terminal commands totally worked for me EXCEPT - when I sort on the field, it doesn't factor in the start time on the Sort - just date.

Suggestions?