The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Single-Action Lists Disappear Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have run into a problem that I can't seem to get past: all of my single-action lists automatically check off the option "Mark Complete When Completing Last Item" even though I uncheck that option. I am now in a battle with OmniFocus to keep that option unchecked for all of my single-action lists, but daily OmniFocus rechecks that option automatically. It appears to happen under two conditions:

1. When I perform a daily review (I have my review interval set to every day), and
2. When I manually select Rebuild Database from the File menu.

This is getting annoying and has resulting in several of my single-action lists disappearing without my realizing it when I finish the last item in the list. I don't want my single-action lists to automatically complete, but OmniFocus refuses to keep that option unchecked.

Any ideas?

Obviously, you'll want to report this directly to Omni. I recall some discussion of a similar issue with Lizard a few months ago, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23756.

As a stopgap, you could add an action with a future start date to these lists, to prevent them from ever being empty.

I have sent this in to OmniGroup directly and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime, I have discovered that turning off the preference that controls whether this setting is enabled by default or not for new projects and groups resulted in the check mark disappearing from my single-action lists (meaning that they now do not disappear automatically). Very odd. Something amiss with this setting and/or preference, it seems.

For now, I will wait for OmniGroup's reply and keep the preference for new projects and groups turned off.

Did you ever receive a reply on this? It's a frustrating issue for me, as well, and it's been seven months since you posted about this.

If the issue affects you, you should file your own report rather than trusting that you'll be helped along with the person who initially reported it, or that they will report the outcome to the forum. More reports lead to more attention for the issue, and perhaps even more importantly you may not have the same issue, even if it appears to be the same to you!

I'm experiencing this issue.

After unchecking Mark complete when completing last item and returning to it a few days later, I noticed it’s checked again, and I never checked it. I want it to stay unchecked, and I’m not sure what is triggering it to be checked again.

I even tried Rebuild Database without any luck.

My OF Setup
OF for Mac - Mac Mini
OF for Mac - MacBook Pro Retina
OF2 for iPhone
OmniSync Server

Each OF is using the latest OF, iOS, and OS X.

Sorry to drag this up, but did anyone ever get to the bottom of it?

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Cheers.