The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus and leopard: why ical sync is necessary? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
wouldnt it be just possible to use leopards calender store for ical and mail and write directly to that centralized and single database and also pull new informations from there?

We could synchronize with Leopard's calendar store directly instead of going through Sync Services (and we may well do this when we drop support for Tiger and start leveraging Leopard-specific API), but it's not rich enough to actually be the primary storage for our data. (Our actions have properties and relationships that Leopard's "to do"s don't have.)

ahhhhh oki doki thanks for the fast reply on that . well makes sense if you have some extra informations aside the standard fields of the internal ical events.

I'd love to see OmniFocus automatically sync with iCal on app launch and app quit when syncing is enabled. (Actually, I'd love to see live syncing with iCal, but I'd be happy with on app launch and quit.)

Anxiety makes a perfect lightweight way to work out of OmniFocus while resisting the temptation of "fiddling". The only thing that slows down working in that manner is having to remember to sync with OmniFocus whenever I actually do have to drop into planning mode.