The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ubiqutious task entry -- anywhere, anytime Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use Adium to manage multiple IM accounts. How would I go about adding this new twitter account to Adium so that I can send IM messages to the new twitter account so my OF gets updated?

thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berchman View Post
I use Adium to manage multiple IM accounts. How would I go about adding this new twitter account to Adium so that I can send IM messages to the new twitter account so my OF gets updated?

thanks in advance.
Berchman, there are a few ways you can do this.
Twitter has an IM bot, but you need to go to your twitter preferences in Mobile and IM, and set it up to recognize you.
Also, I know that http://imified.com/index.htm (imified) offers a neat service that will interface with many other services.

Cheers,
D

You are my new personal Messiah!

This is exactly the type of thing I have been wanting, a way to use my iPhone to capture all the random junk in my head and not have to carry around an extra set of writing tools!

Now, I admit that I am totally new to Proxy. Just a question here, but does this program continue to run as a system service after I close it down, or do I need to leave this up and running at all times to capture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfreq View Post
does this program continue to run as a system service after I close it down, or do I need to leave this up and running at all times to capture?
To use it unobtrusively, and without intervention, go to Proxi Preferences and check both "Start at login" and "Hide dock and menu bar"

It will then always be in the background (though not in the dock), and accessible (if you need to get at it) through a special icon in the OS X menu bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
To use it unobtrusively, and without intervention, go to Proxi Preferences and check both "Start at login" and "Hide dock and menu bar"

It will then always be in the background (though not in the dock), and accessible (if you need to get at it) through a special icon in the OS X menu bar.
Awesome! That's exactly what I was hoping for!

FYI on the idea of using Proxi:
It works well, obviously, but since I set it up to check the twitter account every 5 minutes, my iMac never went to sleep. I'll have to look, but the only solution I saw was to force my Mac to sleep, or increase the twitter monitor check to greater than the sleep timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
If you want to email into Twitter (especially handy for those of us using Gmail who can't take advantage of scriptable mail rules), try EmailTwitter.
If you load up your Gmail into Mail.app (thanks to the much-loved, newly-implemented IMAP feature), you can take advantage of the scriptable mail rules.

This has the potential to solve everything!

So, I've established my Twitter Acct, installed Proxi and got it set up but something's not quite right.

Here are my Twitter Settings:
Protect my updates

Here are my Proxi settings:
Watching for tweets from everyone
Trigger Filter is set at 'any' (have tried with same results set as 'all')
Trigger Filter ScreenName is mytwitterscreenname

Here's what's happening:
With this filter on, I get nothing sent to OmniFocus, even though I see it being accepted at Twitter.

When I delete the filter, I get every other Twitter message available sent to my OF inbox, but still none of mine.

So, something's working ... just not the way i need it to. I know it's probably something simple, but since I'm new to both Twitter and Proxi, I'm just missing it.

Any / all suggestions appreciated.

Running OF build: 96797

Last edited by julamoor; 2008-01-07 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: add OF version number

Nevermind.

It *was* easy - switched Twitter monitor to monitor friends instead of everyone. Sweet hack.

Absolutely bloody awesome.