The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cursor highlight: Can you make a yellow halo and non-dimmed background? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I have most of the Omni-apps. Don't have OD but I do have a question.

I need to do a very professional screencast. Currently I use SnapzPro for that. I have Mousepose for the cursor highlight. Mousepose is nice but I am looking for a feature that it doesn't have.

With OD, can you make a color halo around the cursor on the screen, such as a semitransparent yellow, red, green, etc., and leave the background unshaded?

I don't like the shaded background. I want it viewable.

Do you need the highlight to move with the cursor? If so, then the answer is no, you can't. However, if you can leave the highlight static you can use the cutout and/or focal point highlights to achieve what you want. However, the easiest way is to find out for yourself - the software can be used unlicenced to test it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
Do you need the highlight to move with the cursor? If so, then the answer is no, you can't. However, if you can leave the highlight static you can use the cutout and/or focal point highlights to achieve what you want. However, the easiest way is to find out for yourself - the software can be used unlicenced to test it out.
Yes, I need the halo to follow the cursor. It seems this done in several programs for Window's but I have yet to find one on the Mac that will do it. All of the programs always dim the background and put an undimmed halo around the cursor. Weird they wouldn't build this in as a feature.

I appreciate the response and I should mention I use iShowU instead of SnapzPro for screen casts' at the moment. Temporary insanity...

Use the bullseye effect and make the rings and background yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
Hello, I have most of the Omni-apps. Don't have OD but I do have a question.

I need to do a very professional screencast. Currently I use SnapzPro for that. I have Mousepose for the cursor highlight. Mousepose is nice but I am looking for a feature that it doesn't have.

With OD, can you make a color halo around the cursor on the screen, such as a semitransparent yellow, red, green, etc., and leave the background unshaded?

I don't like the shaded background. I want it viewable.
You should be able to do this with the flashlight plugin. Just change the background to be fully transparent.

That won't work Derek - you will end up with no highlight at all unless you make the area of the flashlight itself opaque. I think the original poster wants to just have an e.g. red ring for the highlight, not a filled semi-transparent red circle. I can't find anything in OD that will let you do this, so it would be a good feature to add to the next version (or, preferably, this one!).

Last edited by JKT; 2007-11-19 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Edited for clarity of meaning wrt flashlight area

Ah I see, a halo, sorry. It looks like we have a request for this already.