The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Workspace' to dump task list without entering in 'Tasks'? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've tried to search this forum and user manual for the answer to my question, but can't seem to find it.

Is there any way to create a separate workspace for a list of tasks (e.g., quick task list dump) without yet entering them in the 'Task' list? After the dump, I'd then like to go back to the list and assign them to groups, etc in the 'Task' list.

Sometimes I have a list of tasks that I've noted from meeting notes or when I get a burst of insight on a project but I don't want to have to immediately enter in the main 'Task' list. It's almost like a list of generic tasks that I'd like to keep in a holding pattern until I am ready to add them to task groups and make more carefully considered decisions about each one.

Thanks in advance!

There's no explicit way to do this. Would it work to just add a top-level task group at the bottom of your project called "Brain Dump of Tasks" or whatever?

If you'd only goose the engineers into fixing the bug I reported last year... :-)

Pasting into OmniPlan doesn't work if you've got multiple lines on the clipboard, even though the documentation says that doing so should create multiple tasks. Fix that, and it becomes convenient to keep such a list in a file linked to the document without cluttering up the plan.

It would 'work' but it's a workaround and not particularly elegant.