The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.7 and RSS Feeds Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have problems to subscribe to some feeds:

http://daringfireball.net/index.xml
http://www.fscklog.com/index.rdf

often these are feedburner sites...

help?

i reallay love the rss funktion in Omniweb, i also miss my favourite sites

Atom feeds unfortunately don't work in OmniWeb right now which is the format both of these use.

OmniWeb's RSS support is half-baked and half-broken. I gave up on it when I found that not all feeds work correctly with it, and after experiencing ongoing problems with the OW dock icon not updating properly after marking headlines read (the "new items" badge was usually not removed correctly after doing so, and I had to restart the browser to get rid of it), which was never resolved. Not being able to check feeds for changes any more often than once per hour was a problem too. I have a list of other complaints about the poor handling of RSS in OW, but I won't go into all that.

Just grab NetNewsWire Lite. It's freeware and it's awesome.

The beta of version 3 is available here.

Thanks. NetnewsWire and all the other RSS Readers aren't really an alternative for me. i don't like to read the articles without the layout of the page.

Is there any chance that atom will be added sone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonehorst View Post
Thanks. NetnewsWire and all the other RSS Readers aren't really an alternative for me. i don't like to read the articles without the layout of the page.

Is there any chance that atom will be added sone?
Yes, we plan on improving support for the different feed formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonehorst View Post
Neither do I.

I only use NetNewsWire to look through the headlines. When I open an article, it opens in OmniWeb (this is, of course, an option in NNW). Most of the time I do all this from the NNW icon in the Dock.

You should give it a try.

Is there a method for searching and exporting only RSS and Atom feeds from OmniWeb bookmarks, so that we can use NetNewsWire or Vienna, until such time as support is improved in OmniWeb?

If there is anyone that knows how, a quick and dirty AppleScript would be nice.

There are all sorts of RSS bugs lurking in OW. It would be a nice present if they were fixed in 5.7.