The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omniplan baseline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there

If you set the baseline in Omniplan and then later on in the project have to add in new tasks, that new task should not in iteself have a baseline, as you ar adding it in to the project. As a user you want to see what change impact has been caused to the project which the baseline shows, but also what caused the change. So some different visual needs to be reperesented on new tasks added to a set baseline.

I realise this is possibly a feature request, but in my mind this is a bug, as a baseline should be ass the project was originally planned.

Thanks

chat-noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by chat-noir View Post
Hi there

If you set the baseline in Omniplan and then later on in the project have to add in new tasks, that new task should not in iteself have a baseline, as you ar adding it in to the project. As a user you want to see what change impact has been caused to the project which the baseline shows, but also what caused the change. So some different visual needs to be reperesented on new tasks added to a set baseline.

I realise this is possibly a feature request, but in my mind this is a bug, as a baseline should be ass the project was originally planned.

Thanks

chat-noir
One way to address this would be the ability to set multiple baselines so that you can track all the changes that have happened over time. We have a feature request for this in our database so I'll add another vote to it for you.

I suppose a second way would be to show the tasks that don't have a baseline in a different color so that you can easily spot the difference. Currently, it just doesn't show the task in the baseline view if it never had a baseline set. I'll write up a note for this in our database too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
One way to address this would be the ability to set multiple baselines so that you can track all the changes that have happened over time. We have a feature request for this in our database so I'll add another vote to it for you.

I suppose a second way would be to show the tasks that don't have a baseline in a different color so that you can easily spot the difference. Currently, it just doesn't show the task in the baseline view if it never had a baseline set. I'll write up a note for this in our database too.
It would be helpful to see some sort of warning about tasks that are missing a baseline. I added tasks to a baselined schedule and didn't know that adding them did not set any sort of baseline. Now much later in the project those tasks have slipped but I can't find out by how much.

So, add my vote for multiple baselines.

And please make a note for some sort of baseline warning. As a relatively new user, not knowing this was a real gotcha.

thanks

Will add a note and a vote for you. Thanks!

Can you ad my vote as well?

Now am I using multiple files, to make a proper project planning for the company. 1 for each project it self, and 1 for the more overall view.

Multiple baselines also gets my vote. Please add me!
Thanks.