The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Graffle, and new Macbook Pro Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

I really like OmniGraffle. I had a Powerbook G4 running 10.3.8. I just upgraded to a Macbook Pro, running 10.4.8. OmniGraffle is gone! I understand from scanning another forum, that OmniGraffle is no longer bundled with the MacBook Pro.

I was using it on my old machine though, and I want to continue doing this. Is that possible? In other words, because I had a copy on my old computer, can I transfer that version to my new computer? I couldn't find the license code on the old version.

Please let me know what the possibilities are! If I can't move that version to the new computer, do I get an upgrade price? If so, how? (FYI, I will only use the program on the new machine, and will delete it from the old machine. I just want to transfer the license.)

All help is most apprecaited. Thanks!!

Eric

Apple purchased the bundle licenses to our applications for use specifically on the hardware that the license was bundled with, and we gave them a volume discount for that reason.

We can't really afford to make those licenses as transferrable as licenses purchased from us directly are. So you can use our applications on the machine you got the license with, but using them on a second machine requires a license you purchased from us. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If I remember correctly, we don't ask you to purchase the license at full price, but I don't remember exactly how our sales folks handle this. If you send email to <sales@omnigroup.com> we'll get you sorted.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2006-11-27 at 12:47 PM..