The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

oo as presentation tool Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I made a presentation to my colleagues using OO instead of PP, and it's become quite the rage. Several of them are now using OO as a presentation tool, and consider it way better than PP.

It's certainly becoming my default app for this -- instead of the linearity of PP, you have the meaningful hierarchy of an outline -- your audience knows where you are in the flow of the presentation.

To make that work even better, I've changed the keys for "hoist" and "unhoist" to be command-shift-up-arrow and c-s-down-arrow, so I can zoom in and out on various items in the presentation with ease.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see an example of how you did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4ever
I'd love to see an example of how you did this.
Just a regular outline, largish font, some graphics and use of color. When presenting, I navigate through the outline from beginning to end. When needed for clarity or focus, I hoist the current topic to zoom in on it. One difference with a normal outline is that I sometimes just keep nesting bullets further and further in -- in order to reveal them one at a time -- even though they are conceptually at the same level. I only do that at the locally innermost level as it would be confusing elsewhere.

I'd attach a file, but the couple of examples I have are too big, even zipped. One will probably end up on my Web site, but I'm not there yet.

The problem with presentation mode, in my exeprience, is that it is difficult to place background images (e.g. your chosen presentation theme). If the image does not fit *exactly*, it expands the canvas to accomodate the image size, which is not the behaviour you expect.

hardcore - wrong software ;)

The OP is using OmniOutliner not OmniGraffle.