The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF as amanuensis vs. OF as dominatrix Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I personally appreciate OF as a flexible scaffolding for daily work, with some automation of mechanical tasks, but with no coercion, and with minimal noise and intrusion.

It's clear from some posts that there are, however, others who would rather be tied down by a firm hand, and have the procrastination whipped out of them. They expect OF to provide some discipline.

To keep such users content, I wonder whether whether there might not be room for some optional dialogues which guide the tender soul step by step through GTD choices and procedures. Something like the "Process Collections" dialog in Midnight Inbox.

(I may be missing something technically, but it looks difficult to generate dialogs and controls within OF through 3rd party applescript).

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-19 at 08:23 AM..