The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

questions about MS interoperability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am in the process of making the bold move to take my staff ( about 23 people in total of a location of 150) over to the Mac. We'll do this as part of the hardware replacement cycle. Most things my IT department has figured out, office, exchange support etc.

We need decent charting and project management tools. OmniPlan and OmniGraffle are the ones I have considered. I seen them as trials and like them a lot but I wonder if anyone here is using them in a heavy duty professional environment, alongside others that use MS applications.

OmniGraffle can export to a Visio format I know. How interoperable are these applications with Microsoft Project and Visio in general?

Thanks!

While OmniPlan and OmniGraffle are generally compatible with Project and Visio (respectively), we continue to fix issues as our users let us know about them. In particular, OmniGraffle 5 will add support for binary Visio files. OmniPlan cannot yet read the Project 2007 format, but Project 2007 can save to the Project 2003 format which OmniPlan does support, so this is not a total roadblock for most users. We also continue to find and fix smaller, sneakier issues.

You might get more response asking this in the Graffle and Plan forums.