The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

update "due soon" actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
great software! I've noticed an issue that I belive should be fixed. The due soon actions don't seem to update automatically when the time due meets the specified threshold. I keep my due soon setting at 24 hours. In order to get actions that are due soon to appear in orange, I have to change the due soon setting to something else, and then change it back in order to get omnifocus to refresh the due soon list. Has anyone else experienced this?

The icons on the main screen that indicate Due Soon and Flagged items do not reflect the number of items that are due soon, or are flagged.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I have lots of actions that are due soon and they show up under the contexts view as due soon, but they don't appear in the Due Soon view and they don't appear in the subtext of the Projects item in the Projects view (Overdue does show up in the subtext). Is this the expected behavior?

kman

We found a bug that could cause the due soon problem, and we've checked a fix in for version OmniFocus for iPhone 1.0.2. (1.0.1 has already been submitted to Apple for approval; we cant touch it any more.)

In the meantime, it looks like changing your "Due Soon" time in Settings will kick things in the head and force the badges to update.

I've heard a few reports of the Flagged smart group not updating, but whenever I add a flag to an action, it shows up in the smart group right away. Any clues folks can provide when they see this would be appreciated.

merged threads.

This may be off topic, but I've seen an issue where I have a task that's going to be due within the "due soon" period, but hasn't started since the start time is after the current time. As a result, the context says that there is a task due soon. But when you open the context to see all the tasks, it doesn't show up.

Can this be fixed by just checking the start time to make sure it is before the current time, and THEN check to see if the task is due soon?

Thanks!

Yeah, I ran across that phenomenon as well - it's on the list of things the team wants to look at. Sorry for the confusion that causes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masoric View Post
great software! I've noticed an issue that I belive should be fixed. The due soon actions don't seem to update automatically when the time due meets the specified threshold. I keep my due soon setting at 24 hours. In order to get actions that are due soon to appear in orange, I have to change the due soon setting to something else, and then change it back in order to get omnifocus to refresh the due soon list. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have the same problem? Is a bugfix available?

Thanks
Christoph