The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dropbox sync [Possible, not recommended. See thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Didn't see any mention of WebDAV on www.box.net at first glance.

I really don't think this is an issue anyway. mydisk.se (and others) are free, you don't have to use it for anything besides the OF file :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrix View Post
I really don't think this is an issue anyway. mydisk.se (and others) are free, you don't have to use it for anything besides the OF file :-)
Not to mention the free (at least for now) Omni Sync Server.

-Dennis

DropBox is really great for syncing individual files around, but the way OmniFocus databases are set up - collections of files with a meaningful relationship between them - isn't handled as well. This isn't a criticism - their service just wasn't designed with files like ours in mind.

It is possible to get this working, but it's pretty fragile and requires a lot more caution than the built-in sync methods that OmniFocus supports. We don't recommend it.

Check this thread for more info.

Last edited by Brian; 2010-09-22 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: add second sentence in second paragraph. italicize possible.

I use WebDAV with Mydrive.ch to sync my devices + update the subscribed calendar in iCal.

Works great.