The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Checklists, revisited Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have seen requests for checklist functionality earlier. Since checklists can be very long, they tend to clutter your workflow if you use OF actions for that purpose, so today I attach them from other formats. Obviously, that will never work on my OF for iPhone. Sometimes I therefore spell the checklist out as text in the note field, which is not an elegant option either. So, here is the short version of a suggestion I sent support a while ago on how to do it. Comments are most welcome:

Groups/projects can be set in respectively Parallel/Sequential mode. My suggestion is to add a checklist mode as a third option.

How to create them:

Like "Parallel" and "Sequential" is now: Choose from existing mode column the new option "Check-list". Or in Inspector as a third category after "Type:". An additional menu command could also be created.

How should checklist items behave:

Inbox: Never included in inbox count. Only parent should count.
Sync with ical: Nope, only parent.
Show in "No context": No
Show as due: Only parent
Show in context view: Only parent. Checklist items to show only when clicking parent's handle (they don't have one in context view today, I know...

So: No due dates, no time estimates, no context. Only check box, notes, attachments, completed date, changed date.

What do you think?

Regards,

Arild