The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

$40? Seriously? [OmniFocus for iPad Pricing Feedback] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
f y tll s th nm f yr prduct(s), w'll b gld t chck t th xmpl y'v st, myb w cn lrn hw t s sppsd t b dn!
Really? My little post about the cost that OG chose has already led us to this kind of uncivil interaction? This red herring doesn't help, and only serves to further the rather inappropriate observation of a single minor UI bug.

Last edited by Brian; 2010-07-30 at 10:52 AM..

It isn't in Omni's interest as a provider of first-class support, or ours, as users of that support, to vacuum up every last possible customer by dropping the price ever closer to free.

Quote:
It isn't in Omni's interest as a provider of first-class support, or ours, as users of that support, to vacuum up every last possible customer by dropping the price ever closer to free.
There is an incredibly huge difference in the iOS ecosystem between $40 and free. This is a straw man. I'm simply suggesting that some of us think that $40 is high for this app and that it might even benefit OG to reduce the cost. You don't have to agree, but weak arguments aren't helping your case.

I bought it.

I think $40 is worth it due to the quality and depth of the implementation.

That being said, I feel no compulsion to belittle or berate someone with a different opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Try going to projects view create a dummy action. Then delete the action by swiping the action to the right. The big red delete button covers about 25% of the date in the same table cell. Yeah, it's not breaking the application or anything... It's just sloppy.
Good eye, IceWind. We are aware of this UI issue, and rest assured there are updates planned to fix this kind of thing. We like to hear from our users when they find bugs or have feedback -- to be sure we see your message, send an email to omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
Really? My little post about the cost that OG chose has already led us to this kind of uncivil interaction? This red herring doesn't help, and only serves to further the rather inappropriate observation of a single minor UI bug.
Ah, maligning the efforts of a very observant beta tester (Curt) is fine, snarky comments about UI design (delete button overlaps date when about to delete) are fine, but asking the source of said attacks and comments for an example of his higher quality efforts is uncivil. Got it. Thanks for straightening me out! :)

Quote:
Ah, maligning the efforts of a very observant beta tester (Curt) is fine, snarky comments about UI design (delete button overlaps date when about to delete) are fine, but asking the source of said attacks and comments for an example of his higher quality efforts is uncivil. Got it. Thanks for straightening me out! :)
Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right. His comments were uncivil and so are yours, but you took it up a notch by not simply commenting on his comments, but rather by making assumptions about him and attacking those assumptions. Perhaps he's the author of the most amazing app in the App Store but would rather not share that. Or maybe he knows nothing about UI design. Regardless, your red herring was just that and therefore worthy of additional comment.

It's interesting that I appreciated your comments that I read in other threads and was actually shocked at your responses here. I suspect you now think I'm a bit of an a**, which is true, but I have a strong aversion to logical fallacies in online conversation.

So, I'll go away now. I've expressed my opinion, and OG is likely to ignore it, anyway, but at least they allowed me to express it.

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
N ffnc, bt f y'v bn bt tstng ths pp fr vr mnth, y hvn't rlly dn vry gd jb (IMH).
Disagreement is fine, but please do so respectfully. More specifically, don't make ad-hominem attacks on our forums. They will be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I've been beta testing it for the past month and use the iPad app more than the Mac version now..
Hi Curt,
I'm very curious about the way you use OF for iPad, especially when you say that you use it more than the mac version. I set up my workflow in a manner inspired by you and your posts, so it is based on several perspectives in project mode, that I miss in OF Ipad as much as other things, like I described in this thread. I basically have a perspective to daily review every 1,2,3,5,7 days and so on, and if you still have the same setup, I'm wondering about how you deal with some iPad "limitations".

I'm not sure this is the right thread to discuss about it...

Bye,
Francesco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
you took it up a notch by not simply commenting on his comments, but rather by making assumptions about him and attacking those assumptions.
To be fair, Icewind's post did so as well, just to a different person. That said, I've edited the entire thread up to this point to bring it in line with our forum rules.

I'm hoping I won't have to do too much of this sort of thing today - disagreement is fine on our forums. Please, everyone, just try to keep it respectful and don't go ad-hominem.