The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cannot create shortcut for clipping from mail to inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am trying to use a shortcut to clip my mail inbox items to omnifocus (Leopard). In the mail - services menu there is the "OmniFocus:Send to Inbox" item, and it works, but I've failed to create a shortcut for it according to the method described (Omnifocus Preferences and then restarting mail).

I use the German version of Omnifocus 1.03.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
I haven't found anything relevant in the forums to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Frank

What are you using for your shortcut? I had a problem at one point (if I recall correctly) because I tried to use a shortcut that was already being used for mail by something else.

I have tried the standard shortcut (cmd-shift-option-period) and then cmd-shift-"<".

How do you know you have failed to create the shortcut? Can you send a screen capture of your Clippings preference pane? Maybe you just aren't selecting some text before using the shortcut?

Normally the shortcut should appear in the mail - services menu, right? But there is only "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" but no shortcut mentioned.

How can I send a screen capture? When I click the icon "insert image", I'm asked for a URL; am I supposed to type the whole path and filename?

I did select text before trying to use the shortcut, and it does work if I use the services menu instead.

The "insert image" only works if you're linking to an image already published on some other website (your personal one or flickr or ???).

To attach an image that's currently on your computer, click the "Go Advanced" button below the reply textbox and on that page, look for "Manage Attachments".

Thanks, Lizard.

Here are my clipping preferences. Sorry, all in German. I consider going back to the English version, because it makes troubleshooting and following the forums easier.

I remember some probably relevant incident: Some weeks ago OF was very, very slow. When typing, letters appeared slowly, one by one, with delay. This seemed to be caused by mail, which could not reach the mail server at that time.

Then I did something, that somehow cut a connection between mail and OF. OF became fast again, but I must have messed something up. I simply cannot remember what I did.

Do you think the problem could be fixed by upgrading to version 1.1?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OmniFocusBildschirmfoto.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	675