The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Safari Bookmarklet to save webpages? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I clip URL's from my gmail account, turning certain emails into tasks so I can zero out my inbox at work.

The Mail Drop tool is amazing because it is 100% reliable and requires no interaction from me other than to click the bookmarklet.

I just noticed that it wasn't working with the individual gmail messages; it brakes the uniqueness of gmail message.

By appending a "/" to the url, clicking the link in OmniFocus sends me to my inbox and not the specific message. It took me a while to figure this out, but testing against the Safari bookmark provided with the phone helped me discover the difference.

I get it that this is your personal tool and not something offered by Omni, so if you don't want to alter it I'm completely fine with that. I just thought I'd see if you were open to removing everything trailing the actual url.

Even if you don't want to alter it, the tool is really useful; Gmail users like me just need to go in and delete the extra bits in order to get back to the original email.

Thanks,

Chris.

Derek - I'm getting a 404 error when I try to use the bookmarklet

Sorry James — look like the server was stuck. Would you mind trying again? (Email me if you have problems again at the address on txtio.)

Found that bookmarklet for me today and… it works ;) Thanks for that!

Thanks derekr - all working again now