The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Passwords for synchronized bookmarks not remembered Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm using my free www.sharemation.com WebDAV account to keep my bookmarks synchronized. It works nicely and have removed yet another thing, I missed from Firefox.

However, whenever OmniWeb synchronizes, it will popup a dialog demanding name/password. Checking to remember the password does nothing (the text fields will be empty next time).

Keychain Access reports the correct name/password for www.sharemation.com - so it does get entered into the keychain. If I delete the entry, it will reappear after the next synchronization. I have also tried deleting cookies for the sharemation-site - no result.

This behavior is seen in the regular and the sneaky peek 5 versions.

Any suggestions?

Do you have more than one sharemation account in the keychain? If so, this is the culprit, OW cannot yet deal with more than one account for a given site. If not, it's another problem—I never tried bookmark syncing myself, so I can't tell.

I just use a "user:pass@host.address" URI to overcome this. This is to a local server, though, and I'm not sure if a remote host would make me too nervous to log in this way. Probably.