The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selective text sizing. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about, rather then making all the text on a page bigger, provide an option to change the point size of only one text frame?

I'm very fussy about text sizes, and so OmniWeb's per-site preferences are a God-send. But sometime if I increase the text size to a level where I can read the body text, the rest of the text on the page overflows horribly, ruining the formatting.

This is a GREAT idea. Omniweb needs more unique options like this if you want to keep charging for it!

You can, for the time-being, use CSS to selectively resize pretty much anything.

Though, custom CSS is easy, it's not easy for the end-user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndegruchy View Post
You can, for the time-being, use CSS to selectively resize pretty much anything.

Though, custom CSS is easy, it's not easy for the end-user.
Yes this is a bit tricky.

For example I need my font/size to be Optima 10 for all the text on most pages. However on the FreeBSD site an other FreeBSD/Unix forums I visit there is always tcsh/csh/bash CLI commands which should be displayed in a monospaced font like Courier or Monaco in size 11. I cannot get this to display in this way which is quit problematic. I have Font custom Preferences set to Standard Font Optima 10 Fixed Width Font Courier 11. Some pages work correctly but many do not. I do have a CSS which is designed to display every page with Optima 10 but must disable this for the pages i need some monospace font displayed but this causes the problem on many pages where all the text is displayed as monospaced and nothing is Optima.

If i could design a CSS that allowed all regular text to be Optima 10 and all the monospaced to display Courier 11 id be happy. Ive not found a usable solution yet.

here is my CSS code which basically sets all pages using it to use Optima size 10

html, body, * {
font-family: Optima !important;
font-size: 10px !important;
}
pre {
font-family: Optima !important;
}
a:visited, a:visited:hover, a:link:active {
color: #9900CC !important;
}
a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active {
text-decoration: underline !important;