The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing Project Length Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I imported a template file from MS Project which I purchased on the internet so I cannot change the original MPP file. Everything works well except that the project shows a length of 573 weeks but is actually only 108 weeks. For some reason the first task starts at T+465 and everything moves up from there. Is there a way to reset this to start at T+0 so that all the subsequent tasks are corrected in sequence or will I have to reset each one in the task inspector individually?

Thanks

It depends on how the task dates were assigned. Changing the start date for the first task will update all the others, unless their dates were all explicitly assigned in the original template. (Select the earliest task and open the Task: Information inspector to find a convenient place to change its start date.)

Changing the project start date (in the Project: Information inspector) to today and then back to 'undetermined start date' might also push everything back to the beginning.

If neither of those work, please email our Support Ninjas (omniplan@omnigroup.com) so that someone can work directly with you to solve this problem.