The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to put OO files in SVN? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Does anybody out here use svn to maintain version control of their OmniOutliner files? If so, how do you do it? Since packages are directories, how do you get svn to update and commit everything in the package directory and all its subdirectories when you run the svn commands on the package directory itself?

Thanks,
Avram

I'm not sure I understand the problem, do

svn add OOdocument

and subversion will add it, when do 'ci' it will check all the sub dirs etc just like it does for any directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm not sure I understand the problem, do

svn add OOdocument

and subversion will add it, when do 'ci' it will check all the sub dirs etc just like it does for any directory
The problem seems to be with commit - when I modify my OO docs, and then commit the changes with "svn commit foo.oo3", it doesn't seem to recognize all of the changes to different parts of the package subtree and commit them.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean so I make a guess: you add an attachment to OO and this doesn't get saved?

Well, I don't think is much to do here except running the status command before commit and see if you need to add some files.