The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Single tasks solutions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
Let me add to the chorus that every task in a parallel project should be a next action.
Let me respectfully disagree. In my way of thinking, a sequential project has tasks that must be done in order. In a parallel project, tasks don't have that absolute dependency, but I might still decide that some of them are higher priority and drag them into a rough order.

I'd like to keep the first of those designated as the "next action" because, in a practical sense, it is, even if in a logical sense, all of the tasks are potential next actions. Otherwise, I don't see the point of filtering "next actions" vs. available actions.

OmniFocus allows both, and I'd like to preserve the distinction. That way when I filter next actions, I get the one thing that I either must do next (for sequential projects) or really ought to do next (for parallel projects).