The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I switched back and forth with Omni and Things Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want everyone who has been in the delima like myself.
I've switched back and forth between Omni and Things for Years!!
Things did not help me get things done, just survive.
Omni was to cumbersome.

Now Omni has redid their software to make it the very best (which it always has been) very best, very best GTD software available!!!

I will never leave Omni Focus again!!

Yup. I switched to Things a few years ago due to its simpler operation (and fewer features which was adequate for my needs, except for a few that I was willing to live without) and nicer interface. Now I'm looking at OF again, to see what changes occurred. There are features that I've missed in Things and they seem to be more important to me now. So, again, I'm looking at switching.

I used to be a Things user myself. My opinion is that (as soon as they get cloud sync sorted out) when your task management requires only one layer of tasks - separated by tags - per project, then Things will be the way to go as the user interface is very nice and the whole program has a "light" feel.

If you need more depth in taking control of your projects (work-related or personal) Omnifocus is the way to go. I personally find the userinterface in Omnifocus to be pretty good as well (in iPad, excellent!)

Last edited by devastat; 2011-05-03 at 11:36 PM..