The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time estimate field not available in iPhone app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is my first post, so let me offer my congratulations and thanks to the developers for your wonderful Mac-iPhone suite of task managers!

I cannot find any way to adjust or view the Time Estimate field for actions on the iPhone app. This is rather distressing, as I rely on it quite heavily for selecting appropriate tasks quickly. I've searched the iPhone manual without success ... have I missed the feature, or is it something for the "Feature Request" list?

Yes. No. Maybe. :)

There is no means in the iPhone app at this time to directly view or manipulate the duration value for a task. If you'd like to see that, then yes, you should file a feature request via Send Feedback.

However, with the new OmniFocus for iPhone 1.6, there is support for context mode perspectives on the iPhone (synced from the Mac), and with that you can set up a collection of perspectives to help you narrow down what you might like to work on next. You might have a "Quick Dash" perspective that only shows actions with an estimated duration of 5 minutes or less. Or you could group by project and sort by duration to get a per-project view showing actions you could take sorted from shortest to longest. With a little thought, you should be able to come up with a set that will help you choose the right action despite not being able to see the actual value of that field.

Thank you so much for the quick response, whpalmer4, and great news about v1.6! Perfect timing too: thanks to your reply, I checked the app store, and there was the update. :) I'm looking forward to trying out the new perspectives support you described, this will greatly enhance the efficiency of the iPhone app.