The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hour/Minute/Second Repeats Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Noticed in the most recent builds that tasks can repeat in more granular increments now. Perhaps this was to support kGTD import properly? Not sure.

In any event, I'm wondering if anyone else can get that behavior to work correctly? Maybe it's still a work-in-progress, but it seems that the start date is just a date, not a datetime, so a 1-hour repeating task reappears immediately after I check off the current one.

Also, I'd be curious to hear ways that people might want to use this feature? Any good short-term repeating tasks out there I should add to my life? :)

Something that i'm having trouble with is that repeat "every 1 day from completion date" actually means "repeat 24 hours from completion date". This is a problem for me, because if I tick off a task at 3pm one day, it won't come back till 3pm the next day. Now that we've got the time granularity, if i wanted 24 hours i could enter that in...perhaps intervals in terms of days and weeks could default to 12am midnight.

I like that idea, Mark. Or even better, OF could have a preference for "day starts at", so you wouldn't see tomorrow's items at 12:30am before bed, but you could wake up to them the next day, if you set "day starts at 6am"

Excellent ideas Mark and wkoffel. Remember to submit them with Send Feedback. I'm off to do the same.

Curt