The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Alignment Default? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-- I'm a total newbie (though I've used visio, etc.) and I didn't see a thread on this issue, so here it goes...

is there a way to set the default text alignment to left, rather than center? Thank-you in advance!

Just figured it out...it was too easy that I overlooked the simple solution.

How do you do it? This is driving me nuts!

I'm using OmniGraffle Pro 4.1.2

Every time I use a shape or the text tool, it defaults to centered, even if the last time I used it, I had it set to left-aligned.

vmoney, to change the default styles for those tools, click on the down-arrow on the tool button (or click and hold anywhere on the tool) and choose "Inspect Style" from the resulting menu. (Or just Option-click the tool in question.) That will select the tool, just like selecting an actual graphic. At this point you can examine and change the tool's styles in the inspector (and mini-inspector).

That tool menu also has an item for "Restore Defaults", which returns the tool to the default style settings.

-andrew

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!