The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action groups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I am new to Omni focus. Most of it is reasonably straight forward. But I cant get Action Groups happening.
The manual says that you select an action to be parent by selecting Add Child from the Outlining menu.
I did that, but it I cant see where it allows you to actually add a child action. And I selected another action that I have, and tried to 'indent' it, with only both actions showing, but it didnt seem to do anything, and I couldnt see where and how the two were sequentially linked.
Are you then supposed to create a sequential link between the two somehow?
...just cant get it happening

Welcome to the forums, Nowshiva!

Once you select the Add Child command, a new indented row should appear, as in the screenshot below. (I typed "Parent", then hit the "Add Child" shortcut and named the new row "Child".

In case it helps - you'll want to use that command in Project mode. Context mode shows rows a flat list of individual items; that's why trying to add a "Child" there just gets you a system alert noise...

When you trigger the command in Project mode, does the triangle you see at the left of my screenshot appear to the row you had selected? If so, the command worked. Does that help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Child.png
Views:	612
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	2430  

After you did Edit->Outlining->Add Child, did you get a beep or other sound? If so, might be in Context mode, where you can't add children to an action (no, I don't know why that command isn't grayed out).