The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Special cutout for image maps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a set of wireframes for a client using Omnigraffle for the first time after doing the same thing in Adobe Indesign for quite a while. So I'm not anywhere near being an expert user, but given my previous experience with Indesign I'm not a total newbie either.

Anyway, here's the thing: I have my document's page size defined as A3, but I'm using only a portion of the page for the actual prototypes, having occupied the surrounding area with things like page titles, document version, remarks or details of page behavior.

Now I want to include this outer area when printing my wireframes, but when I export them to HTML image maps I obviously only like to have a cut-out of the pages with just the actual screen prototypes.

Omnigraffle's Export menu has a number of additional options such as Entire Document, Region and All Objects, but so far none of them suits my needs. When I hide the page titles and other print-only elements in the master canvas and choose Entire Document then Omnigraffle converts all my pages to image maps but preserves the outer margins. When I define a specific Region (or choose All Objects for that matter) it only allows my to export the current page.

Summarized: Is there some sort of way of cropping down all pages in a document at once when exporting to HTML image maps?

There, lots of text but I hope some of you might have some soft of solution.

Kind regards,

Nick

Last edited by NickL; 2007-10-31 at 06:09 AM..