The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How About Adding Time Zone Specification for Resources? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I manage remote workers around the world, and I'd like to specify their time zones so that I can enter their work hours in their local times. It seems like this would be simple to add to the resource inspector and support. You'd just have to do any time calculations in UTC and have some sort of converter to run any times through that show in the interface. This is likely supported at the OS level to some extent.

Send in your feature requests with Help->Send Feedback or email to omniplan@omnigroup.com so they get into the development database.

Thanks, I'll send in the feature requests.

Another one:

Some tasks need to be executed during specific time periods, such as during business hours U.S. time. These limits are connected to the task, not the person resource, although obviously the person resource's available time needs to overlap the task time limits.

How would this limit be set? All I can think of is to have some sort of new resource type of "Schedule" or "Time Period" that could be attached to the task, and the scheduling would then be only done during the intersection of the person and schedule resources?

[Edit: It just occurred to me that this is similar to room reservations, so I'll see if there's anything there that will help.]

Last edited by FrustyCronch; 2009-11-15 at 02:27 PM..

You can't set a range of hours for each particular task like this. We have a constraint start and end field but that lets you set a start and end period within the calendar per task, not just a set range of business hours. There's a feature request for this in our database so I'll add a vote for you.