The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple Project Integration & Management Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,
I am new trial-user of Omniplan,

I have many projects that run concurrently, that I want to be able to manage time and effort for. Does Omniplan have a function to enable me to see these & work out timing tasks and allocation of resources across all projects in totality?

For example, if have two projects ongoing in February and I want to know when /where I can fit in a third project starting in February, do I have to manually cross check the timings and use of resources for all existing projects individually to know when I have time free? Or is there some function that when I add a new project it automatically prevents me from scheduling tasks when I busy with other projects?

Thanks
Satya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya View Post
Hi All,
I am new trial-user of Omniplan,

I have many projects that run concurrently, that I want to be able to manage time and effort for. Does Omniplan have a function to enable me to see these & work out timing tasks and allocation of resources across all projects in totality?

Satya
This discussion has been going on for quite some time and the team has started to come up with some interesting ideas: when syncing, OP compares the staff and if a person has the same account, the allocated resources will get synced as well - for both projects. This is in fact the goal of multiple projects. Allocation syncing.
But up to now, you have to wrap multiple projects one level deeper into various groups of one project, I'm afraid. In my case this leads to 129 groups (aka projects) in one file. Awkward, but possible.