The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In-line PDF's with Sneaky Peak version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just loaded the Sneaky Peak version and was giving PDF's a try. However, there are no plug-ins listed in the installation, and whenever I click on a PDF all I get is the Acrobat logo in the middle of the screen.

Is there a trick to viewing PDF's inside the alpha version of OW?

I have Adobe's Acrobat Viewer in my plugins, and yes, PDF's open using it.

Adobe Reader 8

Did you have the plugin loaded in OmniWeb 5.5?

I never tried using the plugin with OW. I was basically using Camino with the Schubert plug-in to view PDF's.

Here is what my plug-in preferences look like in OW as well as what I see when I click on a PDF.

Looks OK there. Same as my setup.

Try this (a guess):

In your OmniWeb | Preferences | Download

make sure "When Downloads Finish:" is checked, and then click "Edit Safe Applications List..." to add Adobe Reader.

If it's already there, then I'm out of ideas.

Unfortunately "Adobe Acrobat Professional" is in my listed of trusted applications in preferences. :(

I just solved my own problem, though I'm not sure specifically what part might have fixed it.

1) I deleted the existing Adobe PDF plugin
2) I deleted the Schubert PDF plugin
3) I downloaded the latest Adobe Reader (I currently have the full Pro version of Acrobat installed, not the Reader)
4) At the end of the Reader installation I said yes to install the Safari plug-in AND I said yes to letting Reader be the default PDF program.
5) I went into OW and added Reader to the list of safe programs in the downloads preferences
6) Now it works.