The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

where do i turn off push notifications? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
where do i turn off push notifications FOR OMNI FOCUS only?
I don't want these to come up on my iphone.
thanks!

OmniFocus has it's own notification system - everything happens right on your phone. (We don't use Apple's push notification system, in other words.)

If you open up OmniFocus' Settings screen - the gear button on the right side of the toolbar from the Home screen - you can scroll down to the "Sounds & Alerts" preferences. Tap that, then set everything on the next screen to "Off".

Hope that helps!

Perfect! Thanks soooo much!!

Any chance that you switch to Apple's notifications? Because somethings the Push pops up on the phone - I use the phone for something else - and then the push is gone, instead of collected in the notification center for later "review". So the push reminder is useless for this scenario (I find myself in very often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forumposter View Post
So the push reminder is useless for this scenario (I find myself in very often).
Omni aren't using push notifications at all. They're using local notifications.

"Push" means the notifications are sent to your phone from a server somewhere. This would entail OmniGroup running such a server that waits until the appropriate time and sends out the reminder to the user's device. This obviously has costs associated with it.

Local notifications work differently. The app can request, on the phone itself, "Please notify the user at this date/time with this message". That doesn't require running a server to send the messages, so is easier and cheaper.

However, they should be able to be displayed in Notification Centre no matter which underlying tech is being used. If you go to your phone's Settings -> Notifications -> OmniFocus, what settings do you have? There's a switch to control whether they appear in Notification Centre. Is it on for you?