The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tracking time in tandem with OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What are people using to track their time that functions in tandem with OmniFocus?

I'm desperate and interested in _any_ form of integration, but Ideally what I really want is just a little icon in my task tray/menu bar that has a drop down menu automatically populated with OmniFocus tasks, each with a little timer and button for start/pause/mark complete. Then whenever I wanted I could get a summary of time on each task. If I've got to set it up by syncing through iCal/BusyCal/whatever I'm willing to try that... I just can't find a succinct solution.

My current solution, which is not as lightweight as what you describe, is to use Spootnik to sync with Basecamp, and then I use TimeThis (and there are many tools that do it) to capture time and sync it to basecamp.

I agree that the sine qua non of a useful OF time tracking system is that it autopopulates with the OF project and task. There's just no sense writing that stuff down twice. It's made my timekeeping (I'm a lawyer) vastly better.

But something simpler, as you describe, ought not to be that hard.