The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forwarding Taks via Mail on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello

I used to forward tasks as Email on the iPad via the Mail-app. Unfortunately the task-information is missing (which did not happen before) even though the MAIL-App opens.

Is this a known bug?

Kind regards
Nico

Last edited by Nico; 2012-11-14 at 08:10 AM..

Nico,

could you provide some more detail on just what it was that you did, and the results you had? Are you talking about the sharing button in the task editor in OmniFocus that mails an action to someone, or some means of using Mail to send tasks into OmniFocus on the iPad? The sharing button seems to work fine for me with the current version of OmniFocus for iPad.

Dear whpalmer

Thank you for the response! Yes, I am talking about the sharing button. I tried to reinstall the app but it did not help. When I try to share the email opens but the the content is missing.

Kind regards
Nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Nico,

could you provide some more detail on just what it was that you did, and the results you had? Are you talking about the sharing button in the task editor in OmniFocus that mails an action to someone, or some means of using Mail to send tasks into OmniFocus on the iPad? The sharing button seems to work fine for me with the current version of OmniFocus for iPad.

Interesting. Best bet is probably to call up Omni and see if they have encountered this. 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152 10-5 Seattle weekdays.

Nico,
We have a bug logged that sounds like what you describe, but we only see it if the app is running in German. Are you using OmniFocus in German? If so, we have a fix in progress. If not, please let us know so we can investigate whether there's a bigger problem that we didn't know about yet.

Dear Lizard

Thank you for your message. I am using Omnifocus in English but the iPad language is set to German. I switched the iPad language to English and it worked, the tasks appeared in the email.

Well, I guess I am waiting for the next Update to see if I can switch the iPad language back to German.

Kind regards from Switzerland,
Nico