The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

An edit dialogue using keys only? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OF for just over a day now. I've also bought the iPhone app and set up a WebDAV sync to my server, which was nice and easy - thumbs up there!

I now see the value of the inspector (despite a little moan about it in another topic), in that I was able, for instance, to bulk-assign a 3-day review to my more fast-moving projects by pre-selecting them. This is awesome power, and is exactly the kind of thing that was missing when I used to use Life Balance on Windows/Palm. Wonderful stuff!

However, I still feel that something important is missing, from the point of view of a productivity-hound who hates picking up the mouse and likes to learn all the keyboard shortcuts..!

When I'm using the keyboard to navigate through my actions and I want to edit something that isn't displayed on the columns (e.g. setting a repeat), I would like a hotkey that brings up an edit dialogue so that I can tab to the repeat fields, set them, and hit Return to go back to browsing the list - ALL without using the mouse.

Is this a reasonable request? What do others feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macronencer View Post
When I'm using the keyboard to navigate through my actions and I want to edit something that isn't displayed on the columns (e.g. setting a repeat), I would like a hotkey that brings up an edit dialogue so that I can tab to the repeat fields, set them, and hit Return to go back to browsing the list - ALL without using the mouse.

Is this a reasonable request? What do others feel?
Omnifocus is quite good with keyboard shortcuts, but it could be better.

Reasonable and I agree :)

Help -> Send feedback

Thanks for pointing out that Help option! Feedback sent :)